Thoughtful Christmas Gifts for New Moms
For a new mom, whether it’s her first or her fifth baby, taking care of this new life can be a consuming and overwhelming task. If you have a new mom in your life or someone expecting soon, here are a few great gift ideas to help make her life a little easier!
1) Meal trains: Meals are an amazing gift with a new baby! A meal train is where you set up a process of meals being brought for the first month after baby comes home. This means either you and a friend or a group of friends will take turns delivering meals just so the new mom can enjoy time to make routines for the new bundle of joy.
2) Spa Gift Certificates: Gift cards to get a massage, manicure and/or pedicure! Make sure the treatment is one hour or less because it’s hard to get away for longer than that with a nursing baby. I’m pretty sure any new mom would enjoy one hour away and cutesy toes at some point in the first 6 weeks with new baby!
3) Button Up Pajamas: You come home with your little bundle of love still looking 5 months pregnant and the baby needs to nurse every 2 hours! Oh and now you’re having visitors! What are you supposed to wear?! I think a cute set of button down pajamas would be a great gift for a new mama. Just make sure they are easy to wash – definitely avoid anything that requires dry cleaning.
4) Nipple Cream, Tucks, and Nursing Pads: These are very important things that the new parent(s) may not have gotten at a baby shower! Lanolin for nipple issues and diaper rash and reusable nursing pads are fantastic. Although disposable nursing pads are really nice in the beginning too, you have enough to take care of! And don’t forget the Tucks.
5) Cleaning service: Set up a cleaning service to come to her house once a week for a month. I promise, she’ll love it. Just don’t surprise her; ask ahead so you can schedule a time that doesn’t conflict with the baby’s schedule.
6) Freezer Meals: I know I mentioned a meal train before but that’s hot meals. Alternatively, you can prepare some freezer meals (with instructions) so she can just pop them in the oven as needed.
7) Dry Shampoo: Now I know this is a bit unconventional, but trust me, your new mommy friend will appreciate this. When she doesn’t have time to hop in the shower because of that precious being, she will want to use this. Trust me!