How to Properly Clean Your Child’s Toys
Your child’s well-loved toys are a source of comfort for them. Those same toys are also a feeding ground for viruses and bacteria which could also spread to others and make them sick when your child has playmates over. Here are some tips to properly clean those toys.
#1) Use Your Washer/Dryer
– Your washer and dryer are fantastic for killing viruses and bacteria on your kid’s toys. Make sure to read the labels on the toys (if they have them), put them into a mesh bag and away you go!
#2) Get Rid of Hidden Mold
– Water collecting inside toys can cause mold but it’s easy to prevent. When you get bath toys or toys that have a hole in it, especially bath toys, super glue or hot glue the hole shut. This will prevent water from sneaking in and accumulating mold and germs.
#3) Watch When You Clean
– When you clean your child’s toys, make sure to either use a new cloth for each toy or use a clean section. If you use the same spot for all of the toys, your efforts could actually spread the virus or bacteria around. You can use cheap paper towels or dollar store cleaners as well.
#4) Avoid Cleaning Toys with Chemicals
– This is especially important when you have babies and toddlers. Those little ones will probably stick whatever toy they have in their mouths. Do your best to use all natural cleaners.
#5) Don’t Forget the Toy Bin
– Cleaning your child’s toys is essential but don’t forget to clean the bin they are in too. There’s no point in putting clean toys into a dirty toy box!