How to Prevent Mosquito Bites On Children
Now, I’m not saying you can prevent every single one of those bites, but I can say that there are things you can do to prevent from getting too many. These handy little tips will definitely help!
- Avoid areas where mosquito’s are prone to gather, such as garbage cans, small pools of water, uncovered foods (especially sweets) and gardens.
- Wait until after dawn to go outside and head inside at dusk, when mosquitoes are most active.
- Keep mosquitoes and other flying insects out of your house by using screens on doors and windows and keep them shut as much as possible.
- Dump out any standing water in your yard or around your house. Mosquitoes like to multiply in it.
- Dress your child in long-sleeved shirts and long pants if you’re going to be where mosquitoes can’t be avoided. Also avoid bright colors, as they can attract insects.
- Use repellent sparingly on babies and children, try to go organic if possible. Putting repellent on their clothes instead of their skin will also protect them.