Frugal, Fun Fall Activities for the Family
Well whether we like it or not fall has arrived. Yes, I said it, fall has arrived! Wasn’t it just the beginning of summer last week? Oh well. Fall is a beautiful time of year and there is so much to do! Here is a list of fall family activities you and your family will enjoy!
2. Corn Mazes – I love taking my daughter to the local corn maze. There are horses, mazes, ziplines and so much to do.
3. Visit a Pumpkin Patch – There is usually lots to do at a pumpkin patch but the treat is to let everyone take home a pumpkin.
4. Make Candy Apples or Autumn Treats – Candy Apples are my all time favorite fall treat. There are so many variations of the recipe that you can try a few different kinds.
5. Do a Fire Pit Evening – This is always fun for everyone. The kids can make smores and it invites cuddle time with your SO (significant other).
6. Fall Festivals – Many towns host an annual fall festival with plenty of options for free entertainment!
7. Have a Movie Night – So many fantastic memories are made on family nights. Get your family together, make some popcorn, snuggle up together and watch a movie. Not only do you get to have a relaxing night with your family, renting a movie and buying snacks will still cost less than a single movie ticket!
8. Carve Pumpkins – This is an old family favorite. There are so many wonderful memories of our family gathering the pumpkins and carving them. I remember carving pumpkins, taking the “guts” out, and scaring my little brothers with it. Fun!
9. Take a Nature Hike – For most families, the fall season is a fabulous time to just be together, take a walk and explore what God gave us.
10. Take Fun Family Pictures – Fall offers tons of photo opportunities! You can get your kids and/or you and your spouse to pop out of leaf piles or hide behind trees.