Five Gift Ideas That Dad Will Love
Figuring out the perfect gift for your father can be a real head-scratch-er, especially if he’s a man of few words. You’ve likely resorted to socks, mugs or neckties in the past, never quite knowing if you’ve hit the mark.
1. Buy what he’d like: We often bend over backwards to find something special to wow dad, when it might be a simple a well-loved staple that will make him smile. Think back to a time when your dad pointed out a favorite shirt, cookie, sandwich or magazine. These smaller things might be what he appreciates the most.
2. Give an experience: Winter can be long. Help your father through the cold months by booking something he can put on the calendar for February or March. It could be a train ticket to see you, or a concert he can enjoy with a friend.
3. Donate in Dad’s honour: Consider a charitable gift in your father’s honour. If he loves to fish, the “Fish Farm” option from the World Vision gift catalogue is a great idea. A family’s future can be changed because of this thoughtful gesture.
4. Celebrate his history: Go to your local library, or search for an online newspaper archive. Find the front page from the day of your father’s birth, graduation, or marriage. Collect a few significant links and then send them for a meaningful holiday e-mail.
5. Make a photo collage: Buy a frame, and pick photos that have been special to your father and to you. Put them together to build a memory that will last a lifetime.