Five Gift Ideas for Mom This Holiday Season
The holidays are upon us, and traditionally that means hours of shopping to get the best gifts for our loved ones. Finding the right present for mom can be difficult. The typical scarf or mug can feel impersonal for such a special figure in your life. If you’re unsure of what to buy or are looking for something unique, here are five meaningful ideas that are perfect for nearly any mother:
1. Window shop together: Invite Mom for lunch and some window shopping at a place and time that’s not too crowded. Watch closely to see what she likes, you can sneak back and pick it up later.
2. An afternoon of quality time: Take her out to a play, movie or concert. Even invite an old friend of hers to join for lunch or coffee.
3. Tea for two: If Mom lives far away, you can still invite her for tea. Mail her an invitation with the date, time and package of her favorite tea. When the tea is brewed give her a phone call.
4. Give in her honour: Give a charitable gift in your mother’s name, picking something that reflects her interests and helps a cause she cares about. Visit World Vision Gifts online for some great ideas.
5. Gather memories: Write Mom a letter sharing some of the specific ways she has enriched your life.