Feel Better Fast: Ways To Perk Up Your Mood In An Instant
Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, stress finds its way into our lives. But there are things you can do to shake any bad feeling before it takes hold. Try these five surefire tips to boost your mood instantly.
1. Put a Song in Your Head – Regardless of genre preference, music has a way of lifting spirits. Make a playlist of upbeat songs to brighten the day, or find a fresh new station on your favourite internet radio service. When the stress sets in, let the music play. You’ll be singing a new tune in no time, and your positive energy may even lighten up the people around you.
2. Try Water for Wellness – Water has a way of inviting relaxation – so start your day with a warm, steamy shower. You can easily turn the bathroom into a personal spa by upgrading your showerhead with a powerful rainshower. Or, go for a major upgrade, and design a new spa-like oasis, including full-body, customizable coverage with body sprays. Moen Canada’s new Mosaic flushmount multi-function body sprays are the perfect addition, as they direct water just where you want it and can allow you to easily switch between two settings: regular flow and pulsing massage.
3. Just Say “Om” – Much like fitness trains your body − meditation trains your mind. So turn off the stress and get in the “now” by meditating. With regular practice, it’s been shown to create a sense of emotional balance and decrease stress. Don’t know how? Try attending yoga classes, or download Headspace, the app that teaches you how to meditate in just 10 minutes a day.
4. Hit the Gym – If you’re not the outdoorsy type, flip your mood around at the gym. A workout or even just a fast-paced, 30-minute walk can stimulate different chemicals in the brain that make you feel more relaxed and happy. Boost your positive endorphins all day with a morning workout. Plus, this will do more than just improve your bad mood – it will also get your body in shape.
5. Hug It Out – Did you know that our bodies release a hormone known as oxytocin when it encounters love and affection? Whether it be friends, families or pets, being around the ones you care about will improve your state of mind, reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
Don’t you feel better already? Take control of those tough days and remember one – or all – of these mood boosters. You’ll be feeling fine in no time.