Camping trips are the quintessential summer activity for Canadians. But sometimes, hitting the road to sleep under the stars is not an option. For many families, making the most of a beautiful weekend means getting out of the house for a couple of hours and heading to a local park, beach or lake. Here are some dos and don’ts to ensure your mini-getaway goes off without a hitch:
• Do pack strategically. Bring the essentials, and pack frequently used items last for easy access throughout the day
• Don’t forget nap time. Fussy kids never have a good time, so finding the right spot for their nap is important. Take a look at some of the Coleman products to assist with this, like the Road Trip Beach Shade to protect little ones from the sun.
• Do pack a lunch and splurge on dessert. Packing a picnic is a fun and economical summer activity that leaves room for treats like ice cream.
• Don’t forget variety, so there is something for everyone to enjoy. You might find multiple uses for various items you bring. For example, inflatables such as the Sevylor Sharkglide Towables are fun for boating, but easily double-up as a place to relax and enjoy the sun and beach.
• Do bring a wagon. Long walks and hikes can be fun for adults, but tiresome for the kids.
• Don’t forget to play it safe. The summer sun can be deceivingly strong even when it’s cloudy. Remember to bring a hat and sunscreen for much-needed protection.
More information is available online at www.colemancanada.ca.