8 Thanksgiving Ideas on a Dime
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, many people are planning a fabulous dinner party to commemorate the holidays. If you’re hosting this year, I have some tips to help you throw a fantastic Thanksgiving party on a budget!
2. Potluck It: If you are gracious enough to have the entire gathering, why not get everyone to bring something? It will be easier on your pocketbook and everyone gets to try their favourite recipes.
3. Cook from Scratch: Cook as much as you can from scratch. Prepackaged and prepared foods are way over priced and often don’t taste nearly as good as homemade.
4. Pay Attention to Sales: Some major grocery chains offer special savings like a free product when you spend a certain amount. Around this time of year it’s often a turkey. Mmm, free turkey!
5. Coupon Your Heart Out: Coupons are your best friends when it comes to saving money on buying things for gatherings. When you combine coupons with holiday sales, you come out on top with all the savings.
6. Expensive Seasonings, No Need: You can very well make your own special seasonings. It’s easy and can be made ahead of time.
7. Feed the Needy: If you want to give back but don’t have a lot of money to spare, volunteer at a soup kitchen for the Thanksgiving meal. You will feel good about helping the less fortunate and you get a free meal out of it. It’s a win win!
8. Decoration: There are many ways to use things you find outside in your decor: just check Pinterest! I found a glue gun and glue stix for $2 each and was able to glue together some roughage I found outside to make a beautiful Thanksgiving centerpiece; exactly what my Thanksgiving gathering decor will need for a special touch.