8 New Family Traditions to Start Today
Traditions are important to every family. They can strengthen bonds and create meaningful and lasting memories. While many traditions are set in stone, try adopting some new rituals this season to get into the holiday spirit and bring your family together.
2. On Christmas Eve, implement a mandatory onesie dress code. To document your onesie party conduct a playful photoshoot with your family and friends.
3. Create a playlist of old tunes from your grandparents and parents’ generation, your teenage years and classic cheesy holiday songs. Turn up the music and have a dance party.
4. Combat the cold by incorporating tropical items into your holiday menu. Create Caribbean inspired drinks like coconut eggnog slushies or mandarin orange spritzers and beach inspired snacks like guacamole or crab dip.
5. Dust off and bust out your old school VHS player and watch old home videos from your childhood.
6. Have a slumber party with your siblings by camping out in the living room in front of the tree.
7. Host an ugly sweater craft session and contest with your family. The person with the most ‘likes’ on social media gets to open the first present. Grab a DIY holiday sweater kit from your local Mark’s store or order one right to your house at marks.com.
8. Make breakfast. Four words: “The Wife Saver Recipe.” This breakfast dish that you can easily throw together the night before will save you when your family wakes up with hungry tummies after a night of festivities.