8 Fun Things to Do on a Rainy Day
We all know it will happen. Clouds coming over our sunny little patch of awesomeness. Yup it’s raining. The kids are not impressed with having to stay inside and relax. I wouldn’t be to impressed myself lol. Here are some fun things to help ease the boredom.
Erase Boredom #1: Have an Indoor Scavenger Hunt
– Create one set of clues for each player. Each clue leading to the next one and finally to the treasure. Just don’t make it so hard for them that they get frustrated. Be sure it is age appropriate.
Erase Boredom #2: Make a Family Recipe Book
– This one is a lot of fun! You and your kids can make a “scrapbook” of family recipes. Make one for each child. Laminate them and put them together for when they get older and move away from home.
Erase Boredom #3: Camp Indoors
Sure, you remember doing this as a kid right. Make blanket forts and such. Maybe even make tunnels. Let their imaginations go wild.
Erase Boredom #4: Start a One Word Story
– Start with “Once upon a time” and let the story get silly and funny. You never know what your child’s mind will come up with.
Erase Boredom #5: Do a Home Spa Party
Ok, this sounds like a girl only thing but really it’s not. All the leading men of Hollywood do some sort of pampering and spa. Brad Pitt goes for mani’s and pedi’s, Kevin Hart does facials and the list goes on.
Erase Boredom #6: Bake Cookies
Bake cookies or cakes, or whatever you and your kids want. It doesn’t have to be a cooking show or come out perfect, as long as the end result is a good dessert. No one will complain.
Erase Boredom #7: Movie Marathons
– What is more relaxing than movies? Pop in a DVD that your kids like and maybe you’ll have some peace and quiet.
Erase Boredom #8: Host a “Tea Party”
– Again I know this sounds like a girly thing. But did you know the world leaders when they get together, enjoy tea or coffee and dainties? Yup!