7 Tips for Eating Healthy During Pregnancy
Yay, you are pregnant! Now that you are pregnant, there will be soooo many people who are going to give you tidbits of “wisdom”. Don’t take everything to heart, talk to your doctor and he/she can direct you in that area. Yes, you are going to feel like eating weird things but remember what you eat, baby eats. Here’s some tips on eating healthy during your pregnancy.
1. Eat Breakfast.
– Eat foods that are full of vitamins like cereal with fruit. Of course, milk is great too. If you’re nauseous, start off with whole wheat toast and, as your body is getting used to a growing baby, you can work your way up to other things.
3. Opt for Healthy Snacks.
– Yogurt is a good, healthy choice as are whole grain crackers and cheese.
4. Take a Prenatal Vitamin with Iron and Folic Acids.
– You need iron to keep your blood healthy and folic acids help in preventing birth defects.
5. Fish or Shellfish.
– You need the Omega 3 vitamin that fish provides but don’t eat shark, swordfish and tilefish. They have high levels of mercury in them. You could try tuna but opt for the canned, light kind.
6. Avoid Soft Cheeses or Lunch Meats.
– Stay away from cheeses like feta, brie and goat cheese. They have high bacteria counts in them, which are bad for baby.
7. Limit Caffeine and Stay Far Away From Alcohol.
– If you like tea and coffee, try decaf. Drink lots of water and avoid all alcohol as it can cause birth defects.