11 Ways to Fill Your Home with the Scent of Autumn
There’s a nip of autumn in the air and it’s time we embrace it. Here are a few different ways to welcome the fall season into your home.
1. Autumn Simmer Pot: Simmer pots are easy to do and they can come in a variety of odors that are pleasing to the air.
2. Pumpkin Bread: When you bake bread, it always fills the air with that lovely smell. Why not try baking pumpkin bread? You can add a whole host of things that remind you of fall. The bonus? You get to eat the bread!
3. Autumn Smell Candles: These kinds of candles are inexpensive and they last long.
4. Scented Oil Diffuser: Essential oils are a fabulous way to send your favourite fall scents throughout the. We love Coffee, Cinnamon or Cedarwood from The Healing Touch of Aromatherapy for fall.
5. Give Cinnamon a Chance: Wrap your candles with cinnamon sticks and not only will you get that lovely smell but they can pull double duty by acting as a centerpiece as well.
6. Herb Fire and DIY Spice: If you have a fireplace at your house, you can make these fire starters that will most definitely fill the house with the scent of autumn.
8. Coffee Beans and Candles: Pumpkin scented candles are a definite must for autumn. Put coffee beans around them to add the scent of coffee to the air. It’s like a Pumpkin Latte without the added calories.
9. Potpourri DIY: You can purchase potpourri but making it yourself would be so much more fun! Try different mixes of herbs, essential oils and dried fruit if you like.
10. Pomanders: Pomanders were used to get rid of terrible smells in the Medieval times and they work just as well today. Just stick whole cloves in an orange, grapefruit or apple to make a spicy but natural scent that will last for a few days.
11. Palo Santo Incense Stick: Bonfires are an unmistakable autumn scent that can evoke lots of memories. Purchase these sticks and you get a natural wood scent.