10 Healthy Homework Habits
When the kids get back into school, it will be a bit of a task to get them back into the habit of doing homework. There are tons of parents who struggle with this every year. There are some great ways to get your child back into the swing of things when it comes to doing their homework. Here is a list of a few healthy homework habits you can work with your child to create at home:
- Set aside a regular study time and place to study.
- Concentrate, cut out the distractions around you and take 10 minute breaks to let your brain recharge and clear up.
- Rewrite the important ideas with your own words. It helps when you have to remember them on a test.
- Get extra information from outside sources like: magazines, people, other books, etc.
- Manage your time wisely.
- Ask your child’s teacher to help if needed.
- Try to have fun! Homework doesn’t have to be boring!
- Review the class plan often.
- Take some foot notes.
- Take time to take care of yourself (or your kids if they are at that age).